Monday 10 March 2008

Maa

04 January 2008
I had watched 'Taare Zameen Par' a day before and loved the film. I admire Aamir Khan. I love his way of portraying things and his perfection. I also loved his directorial venture, although, I don't really know how much of the directorship is 'really' his. Anyway, one song that really really moved me is 'Maa'. Loved that song. Simple, soft and direct to heart. Shankar Mahadevan has again done an excellent job. I love that man's singing too. There was a time when I never really admired him. However, I heard him Live during one of those engineering festivals and he's just awesome.
I recorded 'Maa' in my voice today in the evening. I was missing my dear mom very much. Thought I would send across the recording and let her feel that I am nearby.
Got a reply the next day, infact even spoke on the phone to her and realized that the hard work was surely worth it.
To the 'Maa'(s) in the world, dedicated to you all...

Song: Maa [Taare Zameen Par] (To download the recording, click on the song name)
Original Singer: Shankar Mahadevan

'a

No comments: